Weekly debates take place in the Old Senate Room, King’s College Campus, at 7PM every Thursday during term time. We invite everyone to attend our show debates.
- Introduction and announcements on training and competitions
- “Table Debate”: 8 speakers who have prepared the topic beforehand, each giving a 5 minute speech which includes rebuttal to the other speakers.
- “Floor Debate”: all audience members are invited to voice their opinion for a maximum of 3 minutes and thereby contribute to the debate (but no one is forced to do so).
- The Pub: we continue the discussion (or talk about other things) over a couple of pints.
See our Facebook group for the latest information.
List of previous debates:
- 08.09.2016: EU Referendum debate
- 15.09.2016: Hook-up App debate
- 22.09.2016: Jeremy Corbyn debate
- 29.09.2016: Nuclear Energy debate
- 06.10.2016: Tax Avoidance debate
- 13.10.2016: Grammar Schools debate
- 20.10.2016: NHS Privatisation debate
- 27.10.2016: Black Lives Matter debate
- 03.11.2016: US Election debate
- 10.11.2016: Poppy debate
- 17.11.2016: Religious Symbols debate
- 24.11.2016: Universal Income debate
- 19.01.2017: Obama’s Legacy debate
- 26.01.2017: Purpose of University debate
- 02.02.2017: UN Security Council debate
- 09.02.2017: Gender Quotas debate
- 16.02.2017: Scottish Independence debate
- 23.03.2017: US UK Special Relationship debate
- 02.03.2017: Political Violence debate
- 09.03.2017: Political Correctness debate
- 16.03.2017: LGBT Sports debate